Sunday, August 19, 2012

Days 2 Blessed through others

It's amazing how quick just watching for things to be grateful for can change your attitude.  I have had the prompting several times to start writing this blog.  It is something I have put off time and time again.  After a great day at BYU Education week I was reminded that learning to recognize the Gifts from God would help me to make some changes in my thinking which are long overdue.  Day 1 was actually written back in July but it wasn't until this afternoon that my husband sat me down and taught me how to set up a blog.  Now for catch up!

Day 2:  We were able to take a really quick trip to Colorado to be at the LDS Temple Sealing of some of my dearest friends to their adopted children.  My kids are in the car a lot (we live about 2.5 hours from family).  When we shop for our business it is always a 30-45 minute drive.  This trip to Colorado was 6 hours and we were to be there by 2pm.  That may seem like nothing, but my kids were 6, 5, and 2 and for this trip we weren't fortunate enough to have any dvd players or other devices to keep them busy.  After our pre-journey prayer we hit the road hoping for the best.  The kids did so well the my husband commented that maybe he was ready to take that 16 hour drive to Disneyland after all.  When we arrived at the temple we found that the babysitters that had been lined up to help with kids (they are not permitted into the temple) couldn't make it.  After all that I was afraid that one of us would miss the ceremony.  As we were walking into the waiting room at the temple, two sweet sisters were walking out.  Our friend asked them if they had plans for the next hour and if they wouldn't mind watching a few kids (5 to be exact-one being an infant).  They graciously accepted and we were shuttled in to the ceremony.  Tender mercies for day 2:  Great kids on a long ride and an unexpected babysitter.

Did the Lord bless your life through someone else today?

No comments:

Post a Comment