Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 7 A Pinterest session?

Day 7:  Now that I am all caught up it's time for today's tender mercy.  This may sound goofy, and maybe it is.  We moved into a great home built in the 80's.  The outside isn't much to shout about but the people before us did an amazing job making this place look "posh" (as my sis-in-law would say).  I really like their taste and I liked that I didn't have to pay to do the things they did!  While the basic interior design (walls, doors, moldings) totally rocks, I have had a really hard time making this house mine.  There is tons of storage-but not where I want it.  It gets very limited natural light because of 4 very large and beautiful trees in the back yard.  It has plenty of room, but it is all closed up and claustrophobic-at least to me.  So...for the last 2 years I have been trying (it feels fruitlessly) to make this thing mine...ours.  It seems that one way the Lord answers my prayers (such as "How do I get more natural light in the kitchen) is to give me a clear picture of how something should look or feel.  So now walls are going to come down and closets ripped out and a host of other things that will make this place a little more open.  But one of the parts I have still been struggling with is how to decorate it so that it is pleasing to me and uplifts my spirit.  I don't like a lot of "things".  I have learned that the less I have the happier I am.  I have made things, sold them to someone else, painted and repainted existing things, moved things around, looked at pinterest...a lot.  And finally something odd happened today.  After church, while the kids were having some quiet time, I had the impression to go to pinterest.  Huh?  Usually that becomes a time waster for me-all be it a fun one.  But ok, I am learning to follow promptings even when they don't make sense.  And boy, did I feel directed.  After browsing for a few minutes I was drawn to a blog that had some very simple, yet perfect ideas for some of the areas I was struggling with.  I could see some clear pictures of what I wanted to do in my home and where I wanted to do it.  I came away from this pinterest "session" with a renewed energy to make my home a place my family and I REALLY want to be.  And now I have motivation to really make it happen.  No, I probably won't post before and after pictures...or maybe I will.  But if anyone wants in on the excitement come on over.  Gotta love pinterest!  Gotta love the Lord even more!

How does the Spirit speak to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment