Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 6 Granny's Apricot Leather

Day 6:  I learned to can fruit and vegetables from my Mom and Dad.  It was a family affair.  Especially since we grew up with very little money and a garden that took up 1/4 acre.  Oh, and don't forget my four brothers that ate like horses (saying pigs would be rude).  I love to eat things that I know I grew, harvested, and preserved.  Until a few years ago, I didn't realize how much money my mom really spent on fruit to bottle.  We didn't have fruit trees growing up but my siblings and I wouldn't eat fruit from a can-just what my mom put up.  This year, funds being tight and all, I wondered how we were going to fill up the cupboards with bottled fruit.  Today a customer at our store (also a friend) called to see if I wanted some apricots.  Apricot leather is one of my MOST favorite treats!  It reminds me of sleepovers at grandma's house.  Love my dear sweet grandma!  Apricots are one of the fruits I refuse to spend money on but have had a really hard time getting my hands on since we moved.  I was floored that this friend (whom I seldom see or talk to) thought to offer ME apricots.   Thank you Heavenly Father for again answering a prayer through someone else.  And thank you Kristen for listening to a prompting.

How has the Lord answered your prayer today?

No comments:

Post a Comment